The Company owns 100% of a 3,400 Ha graphite project located north-east of the town of Manitouwadge in Ontario, Canada ("Manitouwadge Project").
The Manitouwadge Project has significant graphite potential. Initial metallurgical test work on samples taken from site indicates 55% of the graphite is large or jumbo flake size, which is the highest value and most sought after graphite flake size with its use in new technologies expected to rapidly expand over the next decade.
- Jumbo and Large Flake Potential: Metalurgical work commissioned on the Manitouwadge Project from Activation Laboratories Ltd ("Actlabs") by the vendor (on an initial 2kg grab sample) indicates that 16.2% of the graphite concentrate reported to the +425 μm size fraction (jumbo flake obtained without gravity or flotation), 10.3% of the sample reported to the -425 to +300μm (jumbo flake), 29% reported to a -300 to +180μm (large flake) size fraction and 11.1% reported to the -180 to +150μm (medium flake) size fraction.
- The Company expects jumbo and large flake graphite to be in demand due to its increasing use in new technologies such as batteries and electric vehicles.
- The Manitouwadge Project is an Attractive Deposit with Significant Graphite Exploration Potential: Studies of the area by the Ontario Geological Survey ("OGS") indicate graphite showings of 5% (up to 20% locally) (ref: OGS report 5889). Aerial electromagnetic ("AEM") surveys flown for Noranda Inc. (when exploring for volcanic-hosted massive sulphide ("VHMS") deposits) indicate six significant conductors on the project that may be indicative of either VHMS or graphite deposits.
- Excellent Infrastructure: Canada is regularly rated as one of the leading global mining jursidictions. The Manitouwadge Project has excellent access to sealed roads and logging roads. It is 50kms from the Trans-Canada Highway and 20kms from the nearest rail access point. The project is 30km north east of Manitouwadge and 120kms south west from Hearst both of which have experienced mining populations due to other mines in the area. There are also other graphite projects in the area including the world class Albany graphite deposit 50kms west of Hearst which is being developed by Zenyatta Ventures (which in 2013 won the award for the top performing mining company on the TSX- Venture Exchange).
- Immediate Work Plan to Commence: The Company and its advisors have commenced a review of historical information including geological reports and HLEM data. The plan is to shortly commence a channel sampling program which will seek to confirm graphite grades and grain size distribution in the existing trenches and then finalise drill locations for an initial due diligence drill program of approx. 600m (potentially expandable to 2,400m) which will target the EM anomalies.
Graphite core from drilling at Manitouwadge graphite project (Hole EM 12-05 at Silver Star Prospect)